Why Buy From MSL Motor Group Instead Of THe UK?
While travelling abroad to purchase a vehicle may appear to be a good idea in the short term, the disadvantages far outweigh the perceived advantages.
Established in 1959, MSL Motor Group is the retail arm of Mercedes-Benz Ireland. We are proud to provide exceptional service, a top quality product and an aftersales service that will ensure that your vehicle is maintained to the highest standards. Here are a few reasons to purchase your next car from MSL Motor Group instead of the U.K.
Trading In Your Vehicle
- When you purchase a car from MSL Motor Group you have the option to trade in your current car at the most competitive price. This is very convenient as you do not need to sell the car privately with potential purchasers calling to your home at unwelcome hours.
- The trade in price is agreed when the sale is completed so there is no fear that you won’t get the price that you expected. There are no guarantees in this regard when selling your own car privately and the process can often take longer than you expected.
- You can be assured that all paper work for your trade in will be completed quickly and accurately so you won’t be liable for any speeding fines or toll fines once the sale is completed.
Knowing What You're Getting
An article by motoring correspondent Eddie Cunningham in The Irish Independent, dated July 20th 2017, stated that ‘buyers should be on heightened alert over “worrying increases” in clocking across the U.K’. The article details a study from automotive data experts cap hpi which calculates that:
- There has been a 25% rise in the number of cars showing mileage discrepancies.
- You have a 1 in 16 chance risk of being landed with a clocked car as opposed to 1 in 20 back in 2014.
The article states that there are two reasons contributing to this rise
- The ease of online access to technologies that can alter digital odometers.
- The increase in mileage related finance deals, such as PCP’s, whereby motorists attempt to ‘reduce’ the amount that they have travelled to avoid penalties for excess.
Vehicle clocking not only affects the subsequent sell on or trade-in value of the car for the unsuspecting buyers it could have major wear and tear safety implications for them too.
When you purchase a car from MSL Motor Group you will be purchasing from a dealership that you can trust and you can rest assured that each vehicle goes through a rigorous guaranteed presale process before you purchase. In most cases the service history is with ourselves, our staff knowing the previous owner personally.
Peace Of Mind
Our car is probably the biggest spend that we make after the purchase of our house so we want to be secure in the knowledge that any risks involved are limited.
When you purchase a pre-owned car from MSL Motor Group you can be sure that:
- Vehicles are prepared to the highest standards.
- A full service history check has been completed.
- The car has not been written off previously.
- The car has not been ‘clocked’ and that the mileage is correct and has been verified.
- In the unlikely event of your car breaking down you will have roadside assistance*.
- NCT Certification guaranteed
Every used car under five years old comes with a minimum of 12 months warranty from MSL Motor Group*.
The Price You See Is The Price You Pay
At MSL Motor Group there are no surprises, the price agreed is the price that you pay. You do not need to worry about hidden VRT (vehicle registration tax) or VAT costs. Your payment is in Euro eliminating the risk of currency fluctuations.
When you purchase your vehicle in Ireland all paperwork is completed by the dealership so you can be confident that all required documentation is completed correctly and in the dealership.
Financing Your Vehicle
When purchasing from the U.K you can not avail of Personal Contract Plans (PCP) or Hire Purchase agreements and will need to tie up your cash or take a personal loan which often has a higher interest rate. At MSL Motor Group we have finance arranged on site at extremely competitive rates.
Convenience And Choice
We have a wide range of used cars available for sale including nearly new ex-demonstrator models and press cars.
When you purchase your car you can opt to collect it from your local MSL Motor Group dealership or if you live further afield we offer nationwide delivery to your door.
CAN'T FIND THE CAR YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? WE'LL SOURCE IT FOR YOU
We always have a wide selection of cars in stock across our six showrooms but if you can't find the exact car you're looking for, don't worry, we can source it for you. We can source cars from our reputable contacts which are checked over by our technicians and prepared for sale to the highest standards. A car history check is completed on each car for your reassurance. Click below to let us know what car we can source for you.
Stress Free Purchase
We offer you a stress free purchase, we don’t apply any so called ‘stressful sales tactics’ and our goal is to build long term relationships with our customers to ensure they are 100% happy with their purchase.
If you visit our dealership and decide the car isn’t exactly suitable for your requirements then you haven’t wasted the expense of costly flights or overnight accommodation. Remember ‘stress free’ means we can come to you also.
At our authorised Mercedes-Benz, ŠKODA and Mazda service centres where our preowned cars are prepared for sale genuine parts are used. When you bring your car for servicing you’ll be provided with a loan vehicle.
Becoming part of the MSL family means we build trusting respectful relationships with our customers for years to come, offering you unrivalled levels of service especially if something doesn’t go quite according to plan.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, your custom is very important to us.
We are a family owned business established for over 58 years now employing 192 people, mostly local to our dealerships. Our core values are well documented within our business there for each member of staff to uphold.
Our Core Values
- Passion for Excellence — To be the best, all the time.
- Customer Focused — We ensure every customer is satisfied.
- Teamwork — We promote an environment of collaboration and respect.
- Integrity — We are professional, ethical, honest and accountable.
- Willingness to grow — We continuously innovate and improve.
- Make the difference — We support the communities we serve.
*Terms & conditions apply.