Personal Contract Plan (PCP)
At MSL Motor Group we offer PCP funding options on all new cars that we sell. PCP allows you to drive more car for your monthly payment, whether that be a newer, bigger or higher spec’d model. PCP is a hire purchase agreement and just like a regular hire purchase agreement you can trade-up or break out at any point during the agreement.
Some benefits of funding via PCP:
- Lower fixed monthly payments.
- Continuously drive the newest, safest, most technologically advanced model.
- Keep maintenance and service costs to a minimum.
- Enjoy all of the monetary positives whilst being protected from any of the negatives.
- Your vehicle has a guaranteed minimum future value, so you do not have to be concerned about depreciation. The Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) is guaranteed so at the end of the agreement if the car is worth less you don’t have to worry and if it is worth more, it’s all yours to spend or put towards your next car.
How PCP Works
1. Current vehicle
Choose your car and make an initial deposit from 10 to 30%. This can be made up from cash or your part exchange.
2. Vehicle you wish to purchase
Make 36 equal sustainable monthly payments.
3. Any future purchase
At the end of the term you have four options:
Walk: Simply hand back the keys at the end of the term and walk away. (Subject to terms and conditions)
Talk: Trade in your car and use any equity as your deposit towards your next new car.
Buy: Pay off or refinance the GMFV* and keep your car.
Sell: Sell your car privately, pay the GMFV* and keep the change.
We encourage our customers to take a long term view when choosing their repayment amount on PCP agreements. The greater your deposit/part exchange, the lower your monthly repayment will be. However one should expect to put in a similar deposit amount into the next PCP agreement on an equivalently priced car to keep a similar repayment.
Investigate taking cash back on your part exchange or reducing your cash deposit to keep a higher but more consistent repayment for future agreements.
The equity at the end of a PCP agreement is determined by the market value of the car less the final payment (GMFV*).
Enquire with us today to explore your PCP options. We look forward to hearing from you!
*GMFV (Guaranteed Minimum Future Value). Subject to terms and conditions.