The Irish Car of the Year Awards in association with Continental Tyres took place in November at Powerscourt Hotel, Enniskerry.
Mercedes-Benz won the top award as E-Class was crowned Irish Car of the Year 2017. The C-Class Coupé was also crowned Irish Medium Car of the Year 2017.
Stephen Byrne, Chief Executive of Mercedes-Benz Ireland, said: “We are honoured to win the Irish Car of the Year 2017 award. This accolade bestowed by Irish motoring journalists is recognition of the advanced technology and features to be found in the new generation E-Class.”
The other 2017 Irish Car of the Year category winners were:
- Suzuki Baleno – Irish Small Car of the Year 2017
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupé – Irish Medium Car of the Year 2017
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class – Irish Large Car of the Year 2017
- Peugeot 2008 – Irish Small SUV of the Year 2017
- Hyundai Tucson – Irish Medium SUV of the Year 2017
- Ford Edge – Irish Large SUV of the Year 2017
- Ford Mustang – Irish Performance/Sports Car of the Year 2017